Vanilla is a product of Lussumo:Documentation and Support.
1 to 20 of 31
bad signalWARREN ELLIS* Looks like I'm off to Norway in May. There will be beer. Also, it should be dry enough in Oslo to sit outside and smoke, with luck.
* New phone: Nokia N95 8GB. Am pissed off that Nokia chose to break their PC Suite desktop-side manager for the phone. However, in pretty much all other respects it performs brilliantly.
* AvantGo lose for their awesomely shit Symbian client. If the phone knows that there's a USB cable shoved up it, and every other app on the phone knows when there's a USB cable shoved up it, an AvantGo client should have a fucking clue. Massive fail + Arse Eels for AvantGo.
* Also, a nice man called Quim Gil sent me a Nokia 810 internet tablet today. A beautiful little device. I'll know more once I've got a bluetooth keyboard tethered to it. It's really optimised for wi-fi, which is an unknowncommodity in these parts, but it was the work of ten seconds to get it to tie to my N95 and access the web through the phone's GPRS provision.
* Note: the N95's internet provision is 3.5G -- the buggerjust rips along.* There's a ton of software for the 810 at maemo.org. I swear, there's even a package that makes your 810 look like a tricorder. Stevens, you may want to investigate this."
* Watched an ep of BoingBoingTV on the way to the pub, on the phone. Nice.
I'd actually never seen the phrase 'jumping the shark' before today, and this thread.