Not signed in (Sign In)
This discussion has been inactive for longer than 5 days, and doesn't want to be resurrected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDenari
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011
     (9916.21)
    @Robin You crack me up. Yay for boxing and snogs.

    I have a publisher interested in a children's book I wrote. The illustrator completed the art and, uh, yeah. We have an agent too. That's pretty sweet.
  1.  (9916.22)
    So I just got home from work, checked my bank account and there's several grand in there that isn't supposed to be there.

    Damn! Don't you just hate that? I mean, there's maybe a 1% chance that money is actually mine. The other 99% means bank or government error, and if I spend any I'll have to give it back. But man, that would be fucking nice. I happen to like spending money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsebfowler
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2011
     (9916.23)
    @mojokingbee - The course is a year and a half masters by coursework and it's been great so far. There are a few WCers in and around Melbourne, plus a few scattered across the rest of the country as far as I can tell. The few that I've met have been lovely and interesting people.
  2.  (9916.24)
    After waiting two mailing weeks for Lord Skeltor Gov. Rick Scott to send me a letter, I will become a legal notary in the state of Florida. Finished the course on Friday, got my signatures in that same day, and gave it to the post on Saturday. It now feels weird having this responsibility.

    Also, going to the beach and will be bringing on kindle, Fearless Leader's "Shivering Sands"and Christopher Hitchen's "Letters to a Young Contrarian.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgofrankgo
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2011
     (9916.25)
    It's been just over six months since I quit my safe, steady job and moved 150 miles away from everything I knew and went back to my hometown, without the security of having another safe, steady job lined up. I snatched up every freelance gig that I could get -- at first, just as a buffer until I could find a "real job" -- but, now, I'm proud to say that I'm making just as much as I was at my last "real job" and, if I can keep up this pace, I may not need a "real job" again.

    Adding to that, I recently finished up -- and got paid for!! -- my first ever work-for-hire comic writing gig and just got hire for my first ever work-for-hire comic lettering gig! Flying pretty high right now!

    (Of course, I'm so busy now that I never sleep or see any of my friends anymore... but, "Yay, work!")
    •  
      CommentAuthorBeamish
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2011
     (9916.26)
    So, my father-in-law decided that I need a tractor, sure what ever, and then my wife decides I need to make room in the garage, damn it. But, oh what is this that I find, lost, forgotten, lovely.

    CG

    Booyah.
  3.  (9916.27)
    @Robin: Yaaaay!
    • CommentAuthorTalesin
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2011
     (9916.28)
    My son has finally moved on from saying Mum mum and Bub bub and now says Dada
  4.  (9916.29)
    @Beamish. I know exactly how you feel....I came across my SnakeMountain a couple months back. Good times.
  5.  (9916.30)
    HOLY SHIT!!! Just found out I received a settlement from my years of working for the Feds in Chicago! We were working hours that we weren't getting paid for, and I just got the settlement. Which was kinda weird because nobody told me I was getting anything, just this phantom money showed up in my bank. I half was wondering if it was some sort of set up, to see if I'd be honest and report it...

    HOLY SHIT!!! UM. I'm freaking out. Need to get out of work ASAP so I can happy dance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAlastair
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011
     (9916.31)
    gov thats awesome!
  6.  (9916.32)
    @govspy: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO money is awesome.

    I got my vacation bonus. Winning - as the saying goes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrazrangel
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2011
     (9916.33)
    Holy shit Gov Spy, great news!
  7.  (9916.34)
    Hooray for money!

    So, yesterday there was this Twin Peaks thing I wanted to go to, but between my hair not taking the dye the night before and having to redye it, wrecking my nails, thrifting all afternoon, and general inability to get myself to leave the house, I got to the venue not until midnight: right after it'd ended. However, a bartender gave me a shot, a man in a batman t-shirt gave me a cigarette, the cute boy at the taco truck gave me food even though I didn't have enough, and I got roommate Yao took these photos of me all dressed up like Audrey Horne:

    Audreyfied.

    Audreyfied.

    I feel like I look more adult, and more like me. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDenari
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
     (9916.35)
    Great pictures Rachael. Sorry you didn't make the party...

    I'm totally addicted to this set of songs on Soundcloud

    The last track does something wibbly to me.

    I also wrote 1550 words of my novel today and applied for five jobs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDenari
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
     (9916.36)
    And now I've read the thread:

    Nice moves Gov. Couldn't have happened to a cooler guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBeamish
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
     (9916.37)
    I got word from my artist friend that the first three pages are penciled.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroldhat
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
     (9916.38)
    @Rachael, I think SOMEONE has a new look... :P

    Today I ran another three miles and...I think I'm getting used to it. More importantly I'm getting eager to go out running where before it was a sort of "unnng...alright..." thing. I think part of this is because I'm running with a friend, which makes it nice. Also, I've lost a little more than half of the weight I gained in the winter time. 8lbs more and I'll have lost all the winter weight completely and will be 7lbs away from my goal. It feels good.
    • CommentAuthorDarkest
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
     (9916.39)
    Just spent five minute unloading all the books we just got in today!
    • CommentAuthorFan
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
     (9916.40)
    Today I ran another three miles


    Good luck with keeping *that* up, through *this* weather. Biking 2 hours/day, at 12 mph, I guess I'm burning an extra 1000 calories/day. The fact that I'm doing for commuting keeps me at it, every day. I'm getting interesting tan lines. At least, when you're biking, there's a breeze: no matter what the temperature.

    If you do get a bike, get one that fits you: the "women-specific geometry" of a bike is not so much to let you wear a skirt, it's (more importantly) to have one that you can actually sit/fit on (i.e. whose saddle fits your probably-wider hip-bones), and which you can reach (I think of my arms as having a ridiculously wide wing-span, whereas women are often more compact/petite).

This discussion has been inactive for longer than 5 days, and doesn't want to be resurrected.